How to Store Eggs
- Always store eggs in the fridge or a cool place at 5° – 14° C
- Keep eggs away from highly flavoured or aromatic foods as they may pick up flavours
- Allow eggs to warm up to room temperature before using, especially when whipping whites
- Avoid using high heat when cooking eggs as it makes them tough
To Shell a Boiled Egg Easily
- Remove egg from heat and immerse into cold water. Peel under cold running water.
How To Use Older Eggs
- The freshest eggs are best for frying or poaching
- Older eggs can be used for cakes, quiches etc.
- Older eggs are best for hard boiling, scrambling etc .